How To Schedule Your Drive Test
To Have Your Written Test Waived
- Complete Cowboy Driving Academy Course (10 hours classroom & 6 hours behind the wheel)
- Students may start class on their 15th birthday (see FAQs for details)
Graduated Driver’s License (GDL) requirements to take the driving test with Cowboy Driving Academy,
Student must meet the following requirements:
- Drive Test Only (this does not involve a written test)
- Have permit with issue date at least 6 months prior to test date or until 18 years old. If over 18, must have permit over 30 days
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Have all fees paid in full
- Have Certificate of Completion (sample a) of Driver Education Course (if under 18)
- If you completed Driver’s Ed at another commercial OK DPS certified school, OK secondary school or a OK DPS certified Parent Taught/Online program you will need the certificate of completion from them.
- Have 1 primary ID (see pg. 1-1 of Oklahoma Driver’s Manual) Permit Qualifies
- Have 1 secondary ID (see pg. 1-2 of Oklahoma Driver’s Manual) Social Security Card Qualifies
- A Parent or Legal Guardian must be present at the time of the test to sign paperwork immediately following the test OR student must be in possession of a notarized Affidavit of Driver Training (50 Hour) (allows student to test without parent present). Student must have driven minimum 50 hours (10 at night) of behind the wheel training from a licensed driver 21 years old or older (with at least 2 years driving experience).
- Use of cell phones or any electronic devices is not permitted
- Driver with Intermediate Driver’s License can drive by themselves and have 1 friend in the car OR have as many family members living in the same house in the car with them. They also have a curfew and cannot drive between the hours of 10 PM and 5 AM unless they are directly going to or from a school, work or church (religious) related activity. Once student has satisfied the 6 month restriction, student must go to a Tag Agency to have it removed. (Click Here For Full Explanation).
- Any violation of above restriction will cause student to maintain restriction for an additional 6 months from the date of violation
- Note: The Tag Agency will collect a $25 License Fee (if you’ve previously failed a test there will be an additional $4 fee per failure)