THIS PAGE IS FOR …
- COWBOY DRIVING ACADEMY DRIVER’S ED STUDENT WHO PURCHASED THE BASIC DRIVER’S ED OR PAY AS YOU GO PACKAGES
- STUDENTS WHO DID ANOTHER DPS CERTIFIED COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S ED SCHOOL
- STUDENTS WHO DID DRIVER’S ED THROUGH A PUBLIC SCHOOL
- STUDENTS WHO DID PARENT TAUGHT/ONLINE DRIVER’S ED
CLICK HERE.IF YOU completed Cowboy Driving Academy Driver’s Ed and paid $595 or above
This Is HOW To Schedule Your Drive’s License Test
(FOLLOW EACH STEP COMPLETELY)
- State Road Test with Cowboy Driving Academy You MUST HAVE completed AN OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY CERTIFIED DRIVER’S ED COURSE (you have a Certificate of Completion in your possession) AND HAVE A VALID OK LEARNER’S PERMIT (if you have a question about this message us on Facebook Messenger). VERY IMORTANT, To take the
- FIRST, complete the form using the link below. (Student must be 16 years old and their permit must be at least 6 months old). If the student is 18 or older the permit is only required to be 30 days from issue date to test date.
- In other words, look at the permit and find “issue date.” Add 6 months or 30 days if the student is 18 or over. That is the first day your student is qualified to take the Drive Test.
- If your permit IS NOT the original (replacement) or IF YOU HAVE received a moving violation (speeding ticket, collision etc…) during the time you’ve had your permit, you are required to call DPS at 405-425-2300 to determine the first day you are eligible to take your driver’s license test. That is the date you will enter in the field below “Date You Desire To Test.”
red * must be completed. The test will be considered tentatively scheduled once you complete the form and the required next steps.NOTE: The form MUST be completed correctly for your test to be successfully scheduled. Every field with a
- SECOND, We are testing in Stillwater, Ponca City, Perry, Enid, Woodward and Oklahoma City. Please keep in mind the day/time you desire may already be booked. In that case we will do everything possible to get you taken care of just as soon as possible. The earlier you complete the above form the more likely we can accommodate you.
WE WILL NOT confirm an exact prep & test time until the evening before the test.
Here Is What Is Required On Test Day <<<<<
- Student MUST have their Permit with them at the time of test (FAILURE TO HAVE THE PERMIT AND CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION IS A $100 PENALTY – photocopies, pictures of or any other facsimile is NOT ACCEPTABLE BY DPS RULE).
- Student must have their DPS Certified Driver’s Ed School Certificate of Completion. If your student attended drivers ed at a secondary school in OK their Certificate of Completion may be a “green card.” A sample of our Certificate of Completion and a Public School’s “Green Card” is located on our Testing page on our website.
- NEW: After a successful test we will enter their test score and print paperwork. A Parent or Legal Guardian must be present at conclusion of a successful test to sign paperwork OR the student must be in possession of the Affidavit of Driver Training. In this case, it must be filled out by Parent or Guardian and Student and notarized. It is available to be printed out here: Affidavit of Driver Training (50 Hour)
- The final step is to go to ANY Tag Agency with the paperwork we give you to receive your license. The Tag Agency will collect $20.00 (if you have failed a previous state road test the Tag Agency will collect an additional $4 per failed test).
- Additionally, when we enter the score into the DPS website it may inform us that you are required to go to DPS prior to the Tag Agency. In most cases this is limited to people with certain type of immigration status. We cannot determine this until the test is successfully completed. Also, there are rare exceptions when the DPS website is not functioning. We cannot control this or any other situation where DPS requires someone to go to DPS for processing. These situations are rare and occur to about 1% of our customers.